The benefits of scalp micropigmentation are plentiful. Yet flip over the coin and you will discover that finding downsides is, in essence, relatively difficult.
What is Scalp Micropigmentation and How Does it Differ From Other Hair Restoration Procedures?
Also known as SMP, scalp micropigmentation works by a series of tiny pigmented dots being administered across the scalp using a machine fitted with a microneedle. The procedure is performed in sessions lasting from two to four hours at a time and, generally speaking, most hair loss sufferers require between two to four treatments in total. Once healed, the result is an appearance of imitation hair follicles growing underneath the surface of the skin.
One of the prime benefits of SMP is how it differs from other hair restoration solutions. This is because unlike its closely run counterparts, such as the hair transplant or medication, SMP doesn’t claim to promote new hair growth. Instead, it conceals the problem that hair loss leaves in its wake. This means it is a procedure that, providing you are eligible for treatment, is guaranteed to work.
Who Can Benefit From Scalp Micropigmentation Treatment?
There are numerous conditions causing hair loss. And they affect a considerable portion of the population. But who is potentially eligible for this innovative and contemporary treatment?
- Male and female pattern baldness, a disorder affecting over half the population of America
- Alopecia, commonly known as patch baldness
- Diffuse thinning, often working in hand with pattern baldness
- Hair loss owing to cancer treatments, whereby SMP provides the bridge between hair loss and new growth
- Scar concealments, commonly caused by medical interventions and commonly linked to strip harvest hair transplants
Is Scalp Micropigmentation a Safe Treatment?
Not only is SMP safe, but it also provides a holistic approach. The pigments administered contain natural ingredients and can often be found to be entirely plant-based. This diminishes the allergy factor to nigh on zero and ensures that infections are also minimalized.
If we touch on the subject matter of “holistic”. This is characterized by treatments dealing with a client as a whole entity. SMP factors in both well-being and social elements of the hair loss and not just the condition itself. Receiving this cutting-edge treatment will work to boost not only your confidence-levels but also your self-esteem.
Additional Benefits of SMP Treatment
To conclude this article, here is a list of additional benefits which scalp micropigmentation bring to the table :
- It is quick to administer and provides the receiver with immediate results
- Because it is non-invasive it is incredibly quick to heal
- It lasts for an incredibly long period, with top-ups being required only after three to five years
- Once completed and aftercare routines have been respected you will be left with maintenance-free treatment until top-ups are needed
- SMP looks ultimately natural and realistic
And finally, unlike other hair restoration solutions, it is affordable and won’t be a continual drain on purse strings.
If you would like to know more about the benefits of scalp micropigmentation and discover how this contemporary treatment can work for you, then reach out to us here for a no-obligation consultation.